Masia Can Comas - Information and Management Center

Façana pripal can camas 02-07 (6).JPG
_RB_4794w.jpg
ho_carxofa_10(2).jpg
IMG_2994.jpg
P1000436.jpg
Share:
Façana pripal can camas 02-07 (6).JPG
_RB_4794w.jpg
ho_carxofa_10(2).jpg
IMG_2994.jpg
P1000436.jpg

The farmhouse of Can Comas that we see today is not what it was originally. In the past there was another one, built between the 16th and 17th centuries, which was demolished to build the new one, due to its poor state of conservation. The current farmhouse, from the year 1878, was restored in 2004. The farmhouse, on the ground floor and two floors, has architectural elements of interest, such as the gallery with half-point arches on the first floor. The agricultural roof - which houses temporary exhibitions and the classroom of agri-environmental education - has been recovered, the two wells, the laundry room and the trough. If we approach the roof we can observe, inserted in the pillar on the left side, a stone where a boat appears and the inscription "BARCA SEM BOI. 1739 ". This stone marked the crossing point on the Llobregat river boat in Sant Boi. We can also visit the gardens and the Arboretum, a collection that includes sixty-two traditional varieties of nine fruit species of the Baix Llobregat. At present, Can Comas, transferred to the Agricultural Park Consortium, hosts the Agricultural Information and Management Center of the Agricultural Park.

Contacte
Correu electrònic
parcagrari@diba.cat
Telèfon
93 3788190
Address

Camí del Sorral, s/n
Parc Agrari del Baix Llobregat
08820 El Prat de Llobregat Barcelona
Spain

City
El Prat de Llobregat