Edifici del Semàfor

semafor.JPG
_DSC9316 copia.jpg
_DSC9413 copia.jpg
semafor2.JPG
Share:
semafor.JPG
_DSC9316 copia.jpg
_DSC9413 copia.jpg
semafor2.JPG

The building was erected in 1887 in order to regulate coastal marine traffic and prevent accidents. The watchmen who lived there would notify Montjuïc Castle of any incidents. They would also rescue the victims and salvage any shipwrecked vessels and their contents. The building was restored by the ACA (Catalan Water Agency) courtesy of the water company Aigües Ter Llobregat (ATLL), as territorial compensation for the installation of the metropolitan desalination plant. The Traffic Light is located amid wetland flora, with flooded marshes, reeds, seablite and marsh samphire, along with significant populations of esparto grass. The peacefulness of the unspoiled beach where it stands means that various species of birdlife feed there, including the Kentish plover (which also breeds here), the Audoin's gull and the osprey.

Contact
Correu electrònic
info@portadeldelta.cat
Telèfon
93 374 13 79
Schedule

From 1 September to 31 March from 10 am to 5 pm. From April 1 to August 31 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Day off: Access closed on 25 and 26 December and 1 and 6 January.

Address

Delta del Llobregat. Espais Naturals del Riu
08820 El Prat de Llobregat Barcelona
Spain

City
El Prat de Llobregat
Price

Free