Caves of Montserrat - Collbató
The mountain of Montserrat hides a spectacular underground world in its bowels. Among the crags that pierce the mountain, we can highlight the Caves of Montserrat de Collbató, the largest in the heart of the magical mountain, which are an extraordinary natural legacy of thousands and thousands of years.
Just crossing the entrance threshold to start a route of 500 meters following the most spacious alleys and beautifully ornamented by the successive generations of speleotemas (stalactites, stalagmites and columns). A walk enriched by expert guides who, in addition to explaining the characteristics and the result of the geological process that shaped the cavity, will show us the habitat of the first settlers of Montserrat and will enter into a world of stories and legends.
SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS AND PUBLIC HOLIDAYS*
GUIDED TOURS MORNING: 10:30 p.m., 11:45 p.m., 13 p.m. The time shown is the start of the visit, count on arrival about 20 minutes before the beginning of your tour to have enough time to buy the tickets at the ticket office in the entrance of the cave.
GUIDED TOURS AFTERNOON: 5pm. The time shown is the start of the visit, count on arrival about 20 minutes before the beginning of your tour to have enough time to buy the tickets at the ticket office in the entrance of the cave.
FROM TUESDAY TO FRIDAY
Only prearranged visits for groups of at least 20 people will need to make a reservation.
- It is highly recommended to make a prior reservation.
- The time shown is the start of the visit, count on arriving about 20 minutes before to be able to go up quietly and show the advance ticket or buy the ticket at the point of sale in the cave itself.
- Only park vehicles in designated areas. Parking available in the upper access of the caves, in the hermitage of La Salut and in the town.
- Access to the Caves is done by climbing 244 exterior steps (10 minutes). The interior tour includes 500 more esgalons!
- The ambient temperature inside is 14ºC and the relative humidity 97%. Remember to wear a sweater in summer!
- The interior route is 400 meters long and goes down to almost 20 meters deep.
- It is recommended to wear non-slip sports shoes and warm clothing.
- The visit is always guided and lasts one hour. Children must be accompanied by their parents at all times.
- The language of the visit is, by default, Catalan.
- The Montserrat Caves are part of the Montserrat Natural Park, respect the environment.
- Filming the audiovisual is prohibited.
- Dogs are not allowed (except guide dogs).
Coves de Montserrat, Collbató
08293 Collbató Barcelona
General admission: 7.50 €
Reduced admission: 6.75 € (students, teachers, groups of more than 20 people, Carnet Jove, retirees and pensioners, unemployed, large family, single parent)
Child ticket: 5.50 € ( from 5 to 12 years) / Free (under 5 years)
Activities for summer camps
Educational offer for schools